Thursday, July 17, 2008




Our weekends have been so booked lately that we haven't had much time to ourselves. So this past weekend, we made the priority to take Kendal to The Discovery Center here in Murfreesboro and she had a really good time. She ran around and enjoyed all the hands-on exhibits. Of course, we didn't have a camera but I have a feeling that we will make several more trips in the near future.

We will be going to the neurologist next Tuesday just for an initial consultation. The geneticist automatically makes a referral to see one since Angelman children have a very high chance of developing seizures. So far, we have again been blessed because Kendal has not experienced this common characteristic of AS. Doris, my step mom & priceless confidant, is going with me. She is a pillar of support and I really don't know what I would do without her.

Kendal is also reaching another milestone - she will be beginning preschool on July 28th. I am terrified and excited at the same time. Believe me, you will be getting more updates about this situation as it unfolds.


1 comments:

Shirley said...

That sounds really cool! Maybe one day we can take the kids and all go together.

You know...I know of a really great preschool and it's free. It's a bit of a drive for you, but I know Kendal would LOVE it. :)

Counter