Monday, July 21, 2008

The Business of Being Born

Ever since having Kendal, I have found myself intrigued by the childbirth process - much more so than when I was pregnant! Since then, I have been learning more about childbirth and what it has become in this country. Ricky Lake, yes that Ricky Lake, has made a documentary concerning these issues called "The Business of Being Born". I was immediately drawn to the movie and anxious to watch it. ***I put the movie trailer on the side bar so please check it out when you get the chance. After my experience with Kendal, I almost feel like I missed out on what the birthing process was. If we do decide to have more children, I will actively participate in the birthing decisions that will be made. After all, this birthing thing isn't rocket science. Didn't God equip us perfectly for this task?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is perfectly normal, Kerrie. With the first you are always too worried about everything to really enjoy the whole pregnanacy-childbirth thing. It's a very empowering, wonderful and amazing process!

Shirley said...

Yes, and I can't wait to see this movie. Someone actually agreeing with me and not telling me I'm just weird, lol.

Counter