Monday, April 27, 2009

A Rough Week

This past week began with the news that my grandmother was quickly fading after a probable stroke the prior Saturday. I was planning on seeing her Tuesday after work but unfortunately I did not make it, as she passed away around 2:15 that afternoon. She was blessed to have her three children standing by her bed reading scripture and I like to think that brought her enormous peace. We had the visitation and funeral in Crossville, TN where she lived most of her life. Stories were told of her raising her children and I felt saddened that I did not know that woman back then. Alzheimer's had changed her into a different person as it always does and I found myself intrigued by the woman that she had been years before. I have a feeling that me and her probably would have had a lot in common. I will truly miss her, but I am thankful she is at peace with the Lord now.

Sunday, I decided to take a walk with Kendal to the playground near our house for some mommy and Kendal time. It was beautiful outside with a nice breeze constantly blowing through. Kendal played hard and both me and her were beat by the time we got home.





Kendal got a very high fever later that evening after getting back from the park. I was quite concerned because she was still on antibiotics from her ear infections last week. I had to take her to the cardiologist this morning (just a checkup on her heart murmur - the doctor released her), and then I called the pediatrician to ask them if I should be doing anything else for Kendal because I though she had a fever from the heat at the park. They told me to go ahead and bring her in and I'm so glad I did. Kendal tested positive for Strep Throat and Mono. Let me repeat - Strep Throat AND Mono. I couldn't believe it. It seems Kendal stays sick constantly and as a good friend reminded me today, Kendal still puts EVERYTHING in her mouth so no wonder she picks up everything going around. So now we are discontinuing one antibiotic and starting a new one. This kid sure is a trooper.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Sorry about your grandmother.

I am so sorry Kendal is sick again. You are right...I hope that mouthing stops.

I am glad the IEP went well. It is a nice peace of mind.

I hope to meet you in Nashville. We should be there walking too!!

Amber said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Your family will be in my prayers. Hope Kendal gets to feeling better soon!

Counter