Monday, March 2, 2009

What are you gonna do?

I keep asking myself that as different obstacles keep coming our way in the path of Kendal's progress through therapies. In particular, Kendal has done really well with her speech therapist Suzanne. Kendal adores her and I couldn't be happier with her. Suzanne has been an in-network provider for our insurance so we were just planning on paying our co-pays and any additional sessions out of pocket when Kendal falls off of the TEIS Program on March 10th. Because our insurance has a limit of 2 therapy sessions per 30 days, we had submitted some recommendation letters from Kendal's doctors to see if there was any leeway with the number of sessions per month. We are still awaiting a response.

In the mean time, I receive a letter from the insurance company telling me that Suzanne is no longer an in-network provider and I needed to change therapists to receive the same benefits I had been receiving. I immediately called Suzanne and she is not sure what is going on and she said she would get back with me. Shortly, Suzanne calls back to explain that she did not realize it was my insurance carrier, but they had sent her a new contract in November with a substantial decrease in the amount they would pay her so she did not sign the contract. I totally understand Suzanne's situation. She has worked hard to get to her level and she and her husband have to determine if there are better opportunities elsewhere.

I searched for the providers in my area and there were only 3 in a 100 mile radius of my house. Let me repeat: There are only 3 providers within 100 miles of my house. One is in Bowling Green, one in Nashville, and one in Murfreesboro. I don't even know if any of these providers work with kids. I don't know how flexible they are on schedules (Suzanne lives in the neighborhood behind mine and comes over to our house @ 7AM twice a week).

I started freaking out about all of this, but I caught myself before I went over the deep end. I will not worry about it. God will provide as he ALWAYS does. Things will work out as they should. I am not wasting my valuable time over something that God has the reigns on - and he knows much better than I on how to drive!

1 comments:

Paula said...

Your last paragraph somes it up. God is in control. He knows what is best for you, your family and most importantly, Kendal. "all things work for the good for those that love Him." Trust and wait. Don't wait on answers per say, wait on HIM. In HIM is when we find rest!!

Counter