Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Zoo - The Mammogram - Oh Me - Oh My!





The last several days have been as busy as ever. This past Saturday I headed off to the Nashville Zoo with Kendal to meet Teresa (Kendal's caregiver for the last 2 years). Kendal was so excited to see Teresa, I thought she was literally going to undo the seat buckle herself and jump into Teresa's arms. I make jokes both with Teresa and Doris (Nana) that they must put something in her milk to get this kind of reaction. I haven't quite figured out their secret.
..
Baleah and Jared also stopped by at the zoo to see Kendal which was pretty cool. We had such a good time - I truly miss seeing these people on a daily basis.
..
Sunday James took Kendal out for a couple of hours so I could have some time to myself. It was very nice but I found myself really looking forward to them coming back home. What can I say - I am just so happy being with my family. We always just have a good time either hanging out on the back deck or playing in the floor with Kendal.
..
Monday and today we had Speech Therapy and I again expressed my concerns with Kendal's progress. I have to remember that we are on God's schedule - not mine. This is such a hard lesson to learn.
..
This weekend we are planning on going to the Cumberland Science Museum. We haven't been in years, and we are looking forward to letting Kendal experience some of their exhibits. Pictures will follow.
..
.
.
On a side note....
Today I had my first mammogram. Now I am a big weeny when it comes to pain, but I am telling you there was no pain or discomfort having this done. I, like most people, have heard horror stories. I was quite nervous by the time I got there for the appointment, but it went great and I am proud that I took the initiative to get it done despite the fact that my insurance company wouldn't pay for it because of my young age. If you need to have a mammogram, I strongly urge you not to put it off.



1 comments:

Shirley said...

I'm so glad the mammogram went well. Sorry I'm just now reading this post. Of course, I haven't even made a post on my blog since the 5th. Oops! Guess I better go do that now, lol.

Counter