Saturday, January 31, 2009

2009 - Flying By


I can't believe it is already the last day of January. I swear it feels like we just celebrated the New Year last week. I apologize to anyone that checks this blog regularly that I have gone over two weeks without doing a post. I wish I could say it was because I was on some exotic vacation and had no Internet access, but it is always better to tell the truth. So the reason I haven't updated this blog...... Because I've been really lazy. When it comes down to it I usually have the choice of sitting on the couch to unwind or making a post. The couch has been winning lately.

Things have been going good on the Kendal front. She is really beginning to pick up some more signs and actually use them at appropriate times. The swinging arms thing has gotten bad in the last week. I was bothered that Kendal did it to our physical therapist (Amber! The BEST!). I have had more than one person tell me that it is probably related to her lack of communication, but I don't see how I am supposed to change this behavior. The communication issue will always be a problem, and we MUST teach her another way of showing frustrations. If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Me and Kendal went to visit Shirley, Mark, and the kids today (http://ourhomesteadingquest.typepad.com/our_homesteading_quest/). I think we haven't seen them in 6 months. We had a great visit as usual. Kendal played so good with the kids and they seemed really excited to have her over. We got to visit their chickens (as seen above) - Kendal wasn't too interested in them, but I was. As much eggs as we eat, I am tempted to get my own chickens! Thanks for having us over Shirley!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anytime! We had a great time as always.

The kids keep asking about that sleep-over that you promised them!?! :)

Counter