Thursday, November 27, 2008

A time to give THANKS

After reading another mother's blog, I decided to copy off of her idea of giving thanks for Angelman Syndrome. It is easy for me to point out the negatives associated with this disorder, but today I want to focus on all the positive unexpected things that have come out of this diagnosis.

Because of Angelman Syndrome, I'm thankful...

1) that I have learned just how amazing our creator is. After learning more about genetics, it is impossible not to believe in God.

2) that my love for James has grown even more because of the father that he has become.

3) that I learned that I'm a much better mother than I ever thought I could be.

4) that I have a child that truly loves life and loves to love others.

5) that I have become somewhat of an expert in organization and execution of tasks.

6) that I truly cherish every new sound that comes from Kendal's lips.

7) that God chose me and James to raise this amazing child.

8) that I appreciate all of Kendal's milestones for what they are, miracles. Nothing is ever guaranteed.

9) that I now have a passion for other families that have special-needs children.

10) that I now realize just how blessed we are.


Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
-1 Chronicles 16:34

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful to call you my friend!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for having a wonderful giving wife and a daughter that can always make me smile.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the nice Thanksgiving card. I hope you 3 had a good one.

Counter