Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Slow Recovery

I thought Kendal was slowly on the mend but now I am having some doubts. This afternoon when I got home I took her temperature and it was back up to 101.5 - much lower than before but I thought she was done with the fever. She has had 6 doses of her antibiotic since Monday and if i don't see a marked improvement in the next 24 hours I will take her back to the doctor before I let her go into the weekend with no relief.

She is completely miserable, still unable to eat anything besides pudding/ice cream and she is not taking in much fluids. Everything appears to burn when it is put up to her mouth. I just feel so awful. I wish it would hurry up and run its course.

She has only been in the bed for 90 minutes so far and she has already woken up twice. She cried out, yelped, and moaned and then fell back asleep. This will probably be another hard night for her.

Please say a prayer for her....

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Bless her little heart. My kids have also had that hand, foot, and mouth disease. Although, thankfully they never had it in the mouth just on their little hands. Bad thing about it though, if I remember right, is it's a virus so I don't think there's really anything you can do for it. Except pray, of course.

Shirley said...

I certainly hope she's feeling better by now. I keep checking back for an update and now you're starting to worry me. I'll be calling you tomorrow...actually, I'm calling you right now so you better not be in the bed already, lol.

Counter