Sunday, November 21, 2010

Early Christmas for Kendal!

Before going into this post tonight, I wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" to one of my favorite people - Ginny (withholding your last name to protect your privacy!). Not only is she absolutely beautiful inside and out, but she makes everyone else feel that way too. Thank you, Ginny, for always checking my blog. Sometime I think the only people that read it are me, James, and my parents. I truly appreciate the feedback - but most of all, your love and support.

And now onto the post.....

You know when things just seem to fall into place out of the blue? That's what this post is about.
.
Kendal loves being outside. It doesn't matter the temperature, inclement weather, or sickness; this child loves being outside. And for those that know Kendal, I love her being outside too! In the house, nothing can keep her attention and she is constantly looking for something to destroy. She has sprouted up so much this spring/summer that she now requires bigger playground equipment than the ones we had before. She had long since fallen completely in love with a teacup merry-go-round at her daycare. Throughout the next several months I searched the web and Craigslist endlessly and could find anything like the one at the daycare for under $850. Obviously, this was not an option. I grew tired of the search and planned on just getting a small swingset next spring.

After not looking for about two months, I pulled up Craigslist in boredom and lo and behold, I found a teacup merry-go-round just like the one at daycare. To beat all, it was located within a hour drive. The seller also listed a slide but I was so eager about the merry-go-round, I didn't pay attention to anything but the phone number to call! I agreed to meet the gentleman the following day (Saturday) to look at what he had. That evening, Friday, I stopped by my parents house for a quick visit and told them about the exciting news (they knew I was looking for one). After talking briefly about the seller, come to find out, my father personally knows him! How bizarre is that???

To make a long story short (because I tend to be exceptionally long winded - I can thank my mother for that one!), Nana and Papa helped purchase both the merry-go-round and slide at a great price. Both pieces had been sitting since last summer, and the merry-go-round was inoperable. My dad, the perfectionist/workaholic, would work all day long and then come home and immediately start working on the merry-go-round. On the third day, I brought Kendal by to see her merry-go-round and I was completely in shock. It looked and operated like it was brand new!!! I don't know how my dad did it (I felt like Santa really had a hand in this!), but I do know that it was just one way of showing Kendal how much he loved her. That's all that mattered to him was getting it perfect for her. I felt so much pride and love for my dad that night. He continues to amaze me.









3 comments:

GinWin said...

Precious, you are so incredibly kind! I was so busy at the store yesterday, that I didn't have time to check your post. Just so you know, you have another faithful reader...Ginna. She called me this a.m. to tell me to be sure to read it today. I am so thankful that God allowed us to share this life. We are His children and he has made us family by hearts! I love you all SO much! Sweet Blessings & hugs to all...Ginny

November 23, 2010 9:44 AM

GinWin said...

Oops! I'm so crazy! Somehow I posted this on your Fall Carnival entry instead of this one. Oh well...sometimes my head feels like its on a merry-go-round!

Anonymous said...

Kerrie, it's Ginna You are absolutely amazing and inspiring! Please keep blogging, you have so much to share. Also, I must admit I am a pretty big fan of Ginny too:)

Counter